Thursday, December 30, 2004

First Hand Story: Stuart Lock, Maldives, on his honeymoon

"We returned to the bedroom to open the curtains and look out, awaiting the arrival of our luggage. I looked first, and was most puzzled because I had remembered that it was 40 feet to the sea, but at that point the sea was no more than 5 feet from my porch. "Come and see how close the sea comes!" I exclaimed to Galliopi. She did, but a second later it was on the porch. "Quick, get a camera – this must be quite unusual!" I continued. Galliopi already had the camera in her hand, and snapped a shot out of the window, approximately 3 seconds after I'd told her to. You can see in the picture that the water is coming through the window (editor: photo coming soon) At about the same time she was taking the picture, my wife screamed as the sea smashed through the front door. We both ran into the bathroom and shut the door, puzzled, scared, wondering if this was common. We decided to climb from the small wall to the roof, just for safety, but I was taking my time over it. I found it hard to pull myself up onto the outer wall (without the covering) from above my head... "

Read more at:
http://www.urban75.org/news/maldives.html

3 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm very happy you both are ok and safe at home. This was a truly horrible disaster. So very sad. But, on the other hand, I just have to say that if it weren't for being such a horrible disaster, your story would be so darned funny! May God Be With You Both!

P.S.

I hope that you both truly appreciate the significance of what just happened to you! As husband and wife you worked together and stayed safe together, truly a miracle considering what most went through, and are currently going through, right now. If you remember to keep that strong "working together strength" with you and about you, always and forever, your marriage will be a strong one! It will last forever! I wish luck always!

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh, it must have been awfully frightful! I dont know how you did it, i mean taking those pictures, i would have been huddled in my wardrobe wailing to the gods!

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh that must ahve been awfully frightfull, if it was me i would have been huddled in my wardrobe wailing to the gods!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home